European students

To get the stay permit for the purpose of studies, you must apply to the Provincial Aliens Affairs Office. (in Spanish)

To study in Spain you must:

  • be registered as a student in an educational institution in Spain;
  • be admitted to an officially recognised public or private educational institution;
  • obtain a student visa and a stay permit for the purpose of studies.
Within a month of your entry into Spain you must apply for an authorization for a study stay at the Foreign Office in Zamora.
You must prove:
  • admission to an officially recognised, public or private educational institution;
  • health insurance;
  • a health certificate;
  • accommodation;
  • sufficient financial resources to cover your living expenses, the costs of your studies and your return.
[See you below the address and requeriments]
This certificate can be extended for as long as you are registered at the EASD. The duration of the stay permit for the purpose of studies is equal to the length of the course for which you have been admitted and is renewable.

This permit shall be extended annually if you show that you continue to meet the original conditions required for the first permit and that you meet the requirements for the activity.

Other countries

All non-EU/EEA foreign students wishing to remain in Spain for a period of more than 90 days are required to apply for a Long-Term student visa. You can only apply for your visa from the Spanish consulate or embassy that has jurisdiction in your country of permanent residence. The student visa is granted for the whole duration of the course and it is renewable.


Once you are in Spain, you must apply for authorization to stay during the course of your studies at the Foreign Office:


(Foreign Office)
  • Address: Plaza de la Constitución, 2           49001 ZAMORA
  • Tel: +34 980 759 148
  • Fax: +34 980 530 617
  • Office hours: Monday to Fryday from 9h till 14h

The following requirements must be met:

  • All documents for entry and stay in Spain must be in order, including the visa to undertake or extend studies;
  • The student must have been accepted in a private/public educational or scientific centre to undertake/extend studies or undertake non-remunerative jobs in research or educational centers;
  • The study plan must require attendance at the institution for no less than three months;
  • Students must prove and guarantee that they have the financial means to live, support their studies, their stay and their return to their home country, as well, if necessary, as those of their relatives.


The International Relations Coordinator of the EASD in Zamora will send a letter of acceptance to your university which is needed in order to apply for the student visa before coming to Spain.
Take this letter of acceptance to the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country to begin processing your
visa application.