Health care insurance


Emergency calls



Students from European Union State members or EEA countries are covered by European Health Insurance Card or Form E 111 or E 128 or the European Card of Health Security to get medical assistance at public health institutions and to benefit from the National Social Security System as any Spanish citizen. In order to obtain this scheme, students should contact their own Social Security Office, to have their respective form issued, before arriving in Spain.

Students coming from outside the EU or EAA should make sure before arrival that they are properly insured and have health insurance in their own country that covers the basic Spanish requirements.

If your country has no Social Security system and has not signed a health agreement with Spain, you will need to take out private health insurance. Your policy must in all cases provide full health cover during your time at the EASD. You must take out a policy in your country of origin.


All exchange students are required to have insurance covering travel: loss of money, passports, or baggage loss, personal accident, additional medical cover (medical expenses -accident and non-accident-, hospitalisation) and emergency evacuation/repatriationvalid for the entire period of their study in EASD before coming to Spain.


Students must send by e_mail a copy of both documents ( European Health Insurance Card or private medical insurance providing health cover and insurance covering travel) to the International Relations Coordinator( before their arrival to Zamora.